Minutes of General Body Meeting held on 4/19/2003
- Jain Society of Greater Cleveland (JSGC) had called a General Body Meeting (GBM) of all its members on 4-19-2003 at Brecksville Community Center, Brecksville, Ohio.
This GBM had been
called to present the remaining proposed amendments to the Constitution (from
the 11/16/2002 GBM) to the General Body for consideration and have them voted
on for approval.
- Kushal Baid called the meeting to order at 4.45 PM.
80 members were present and per the JSGC constitution the GBM started. All
nine Executive Committee members namely – Kushal Baid (President), Jignesh
Shah (Vice President), Dipika Shah (Treasurer), Mitten Doshi (Secretary),
Falgun Shah, Meena Jain, Minesh Shah, Purvin Vakil and Pradip Shah were
- The minutes of the previous GBM (11/16/2002) were
approved by voice vote.
- Copies of the "Current" Constitution (including
amendments approved on 11/16/2002) and the "Proposed" Constitution were
distributed to the membership. These documents had been also been available on
the JSGC website.
- Kushal Baid invited Constitution Committee members
present at the meeting (Indra Shah, Shailesh Nanavati, Hemendra Mehta and
Hansa Sutaria) to the front of the Hall to be available to answer any
questions from the membership regarding the proposed amendments.
- Kushal Baid requested Indra Shah to conduct the
meeting - to present the remaining proposed amendments to the Constitution
(from the 11/16/2002 GBM) to the General Body for consideration and have them
voted on for approval.
- Members approved articles IV d, IV e, IV f, IV g
(with modification), IV h, IV i, V (with modification), VI, VII a, VII b,
VIII, IX, and X of the "Proposed" Constitution. Article VI b of the "Current"
Constitution as in effect after the 11/16/2002 GBM had no counterpart in the
"Proposed" Constitution and was deleted with GBM approval.
- Kushal Baid thanked Indra Shah and all the
Constitution Committee members for their contributions in updating the JSGC
- The business of the General Body meeting was
concluded at 5.45 PM.
JSGC Executive Committee Members
Note dated June 5, 2003:
The "Amended" Constitution as approved by the General Body of JSGC, during the General Body meetings of 11/16/2002 and 4/19/2003 has been posted on the JSGC website and mailed to the entire membership of JSGC with Jain Times dated June 5, 2003. If anyone in the membership notices any errors based on their notes/recollections from the above meetings, please bring them to the attention of Mitten Doshi (email@example.com) or Kushal Baid (Kushalbaid@att.net). If no comments are received by June 30, 2003; the "Amended" Constitution referred above will become the Constitution of the Jain Society of Greater Cleveland.
Secretary of JSGC
June 5, 2003